Greek Pumpkin Pie a.k.a Kolokithopita
*The variations for a savory Pumpkin Pie are: Feta Cheese, leeks, and, ricotta cheese I omit these ingredients but you can add them and see what you like best!
* If you would like you can make your pie crust from scratch or you can buy phyllo online click on the link
- 860 grams fresh chopped pumpkin
- 760 grams chopped onions
- 160 grams long grain rice
- 50 grams chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 30 grams olive oil
- 50 grams all purpose flour
- 1 whole egg (beaten)
Boil rice according to package instructions and drain. Add a pinch of salt when rice is boiling.
Then mix all your ingredients together, don't forget to add your egg
If you are using phyllo divide your sheets in half. The half that you aren't using cover with a towel so they will not dry. As you use each sheet, brush each one with melted butter.
If you are making your own crust make two one for the bottom and one to cover your pie with.
Cook for 30 - 45 minutes at 350 - 370 Farenheit or 200 celcius. Allow pie to cool before cutting.
KALE OREXI!! From my kitchen to yours!